Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Living Angels


I have noticed some rather awesome things these past few months, I can't believe I've never noticed them before!
Its the blessing of people. People are my living angels.
They can bring me up or take me down, BUT it's up to me to decide how I let them influence me.

My mom always says " No one can make you do anything you don't want to do." I used to disagree with this, but little by little I'm seeing how this is true.
As I've been getting my mission papers completed I've been looking back and seeing how the Lord has had his hand in every decision along the way. Yes, sometimes he's let me act like I've done it by myself but I know that I can't do anything without him.

It was only a year ago when I found myself in the darkest part of my life. I was so unhappy and stuck in an abusive relationship I didn't know how to escape. I felt as if my life was going to be stuck in a rut for the rest of my days.

But one night changed my life forever. I did almost die, but an angel saved me and helped me to get out. My angel protected me and fought for my freedom. My angel blessed me with a friendship and kind deeds I can never repay.

My angel made the happiness I feel today possible.
I can only hope that while I am serving the Lord, that I can be that angel to someone. That I can be the hope and grace they need. Mostly, I want them to know that they have a LOVING father in heaven who is ALWAYS by their side. That he knows exactly what to do, every time  That he did die for them so they are able to make their own choices and find his love. That he suffered death and back so they can return to live with him in his perfection! ;)

I am so grateful to be able to serve with his name next to mine.
I may not be perfect but I know how hard life is, I also know that if we seek him he will find us and never lead us astray. 

If I can but help one single person find his light, that soul will always be blessed, and I will strive to spread his word through out the world, all ends, and I will not stop until everyone has a piece of his love.

I love the Lord with all my heart.

Hermana Lyman

1 comment: