Monday, May 27, 2013

You are hereby assigned.

Last Friday could not have been better!

I knew last week my call had been assigned, and it'd be here this week.

Monday- "Okay, call should be here wednesday!"

Tuesday- " One more day!"

Wednesday- "Okay maybe the mail man forgot"

Thursday-"Where are you call? I'm about to start a man hunt"

Friday- 8:00am 
Dad- "Syd, wanna drive up to the post office?"
Syd- "YES!"

8:30- 

"Dear Sister Lyman,

you are herby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Washington Everett Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Mexico Missionary Training Center on Wednesday October 9, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the spanish language."

I literally burst out in tears when I read " Mexico Missionary Training Center" I knew right then, that I was learning spanish. 

For months I would plead with the lord to give me the slightest hint of where I was going. I had millions of places running through my head. Germany, California, Canada, Europe. 
By the time my call had arrived my mind was blank. I had no idea.

I know with everything  that I am going to the right place. I know that this is the perfect place. The language will be a little hard, but if thats the only think I have to worry about that thats awesome.

I love this gospel and I'm so ecstatic to share it with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment