Sunday, June 2, 2013

Goodbye Sister Maynez

Today I said goodbye to my dear dear friend Sister Maynez.

She came to my hometown right out of the MTC. Her and Sister Wilkins were an answer to my prayers I had just moved from St. George where I went on splits with the sister 4-5 times a week, and I knew here in Blanding I would have no sisters to hang out with.

So a few weeks after I got here, I was at a Relief Society party and in walk a set of sister missionaries. It was awesome, I knew my prayers had been answered. I don't know about you, but When I see missionaries of any kind I assume they have it all figured out. I see them and I automatically think they know every answer and are basically perfect.

I got to know these two darling missionaries and I fell in love with who they are, what they do, and what they share. I went to lessons with them and really saw what a good missionary companionship should look like. I saw love for the people and for the gospel. I saw them go without meals, and instead they wanted to visit and teach people. I saw them teach people why we are here, where we are going, and how to serve the Lord.

I saw two young girls, changing peoples lives. I saw them transform people into sons/daughters of God.
Thats what I want to do. Through the help of the Lord I can do that, and I have these two beautiful ladies to thank!

I cried when Sister Wilkins left, and I balled when I said my goodbyes to Sister Maynez tonight. I know that through the Lord and missionary work I was able to meet her and love her.

Thankfully I have Sister Nava Lava still here to love! I know she'll work hard and use her teachings on many people. I am so grateful for her and everything they have taught me thus far.

I hope to be a proactive and amazing as these sisters.


Hermana Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment